If you need help to arrange your schedule daily, then you must download calendar apps for android. You can find a lot of them spread around on the internet. So, to help you choose which one is the best, read this article below.
Who doesn’t know Google? This well-known brand also developed aCalendar apps for android which can be downloaded freely from Play Store. Of course, there are lots of benefits you can get from this app.
Pros of Google Calendar
Here are several pros from Google Calendar:
- Can set it up to automatically pull events like flight reservations, tickets, and hotels directly out of your inbox to be added to your schedule.
- Can add a schedule view that shows you a continuous list of upcoming entries.
- Can share, integrate and also offers simplicity.
- Offers smooth animations with awesome material design.
- Can store everything, from birthday up to meeting schedules.
- Available everywhere, in any devices.
- Can integrate well with google contacts and Gmail.
- Can display and sync multiple Google calendar accounts.
- Can add reminders, events, and goals instantly.
- Offers daily agenda view equipped with color-coded blocks for specific events.
Cons of Google Calendar
Here are several cons from Google Calendar:
- Often difficult to connect with the calendar from other apps.
- Lack of material design.
- A little plain and underwhelming in the interface.
- There is no task management feature.
- Can accidentally tap to add new events.
Although the name is Business Calendar, this calendar apps for android is not meant specifically for workers or employees. This app can also be used by freelancers, students, or retirees. This app uses tap approach and intuitive swipe to navigate, unlike the typical dropdown menu. There are two versions available, free version and premium.
Pros of Business Calendar
Here are several pros from Business Calendar:
- Offers task view to manage to-do lists.
- Can customize event templates.
- Offers live search.
- Offers new and improved user interface, that also include dark themes.
- Offers compact view that suits small phone screens.
- Offers intuitive task entry and event.
- Can recurred events.
- Can combine agenda and task view.
Cons of Business Calendar
Here are several cons from Business Calendar:
- You have to upgrade to premium for some advanced features.
- The navigation is not always intuitive.
- The calendar style is too ordinary and typical.
This calendar apps for android can show a small monthly calendar on the day and week views that helps you to organize yourself without the need to constantly hop between different screens. You can get this app in two versions, free and premium version.
Pros of aCalendar
Here are several pros from aCalendar:
- Can navigate between its monthly, weekly, and daily instantly by swiping sideways.
- Can sync photos from the address book for anniversaries and birthdays.
- Can disseminate information among large groups instantly by using NFC sharing features.
- Offers large blocks for days with events clearly visible each day in weekly agenda view.
- Can highlight the current day and includes the month view off on the side.
- Offers event search tools.
- Offers gestures technology.
- Offers intuitive navigation.
Cons of aCalendar
Here are several cons from aCalendar:
- Lacks of Tap to Expand feature.
- Some features are not as smooth as Google Calendar.
- Limitation in advanced features.
- You have to upgrade to premium if you want to use task management.
This app is considered as the best calendar apps for android, because it can download extra calendars up to 500.000 event calendars starting from lifestyle, finance, TV and even astronomy. Some features that are offered are global weather forecast, daily planner, dark theme, and many more. This app offers two versions, free and premium version.
Pros of DigiCal
Here are several pros from DigiCal:
- Offers seven different agenda views.
- Can sync with Google Calendar, Exchange, and Outlook.
- Can choose between dark or white themes.
- Can view monthly and daily agenda at the same time by using multiple views.
- Can scroll through the agenda inside the box for individual days.
- Offers intuitive and professional views.
- Offers current weather info based on your location.
Cons of DigiCal
Here are several cons from DigiCal:
- Doesn’t offer task management features.
- There are small nuisance banners for premium upgrade.
This well-known calendar apps for android is considered as a cloud task management service that integrates aCalendar-based agenda view into its app.
Pros of Any.Do
Here are several pros from Any.Do:
- Can sync the calendar view with Google Calendar account.
- Offers a clean and fresh calendar view.
- Can integrate calendar events and tasks into a single calendar.
- Offers multiple tasks lists to organize tasks.
- Offers recurring events and tasks.
Cons of Any.Do
Here are several cons from Any.Do:
- Limitations in calendar features compared with other apps.
- You need to upgrade to premium for some advanced features.
- Offers only one calendar view.
Although it looks the same with Google Calendar, the view is wider so you can see more. You can see short-term and long-term monthly views at once thanks to the half-screen agenda view.
Pros of Tiny Calendar
Here are several pros from Tiny Calendar:
- Offers half-screen agenda view on month view.
- Offers an intuitive interface.
- Can prevent accidental entries by long-press event entry.
- Can view more options than most apps.
- Can add recurring events.
Cons of Tiny Calendar
Here are several cons from Tiny Calendar:
- You have upgraded to a premium version for task management.
- Doesn’t offer many advanced features like other apps.
Similar in function and appearance with AnyDo, this app provides a weekly agenda view.
Pros of TickTick
Here are several pros from TickTick:
- Can add multiple tabs for habit tracking and Pomo time management.
- Offers multiple color themes.
- Easy to install and use.
- Offers an intuitive and clean interface.
- Can swipe to mark a task or event as done.
Cons of TickTick
Here are several cons from TickTick:
- Doesn’t offer advanced features.
- The task management is not as feature filled like AnyDo.
This calendar apps for android is considered as a unique calendar app that offers simple calendar display with large blocks.
Pros of Accomplish
Here are several pros from Accomplish:
- Offers quick reminder icons that can be dragged up to block other preceding events.
- Can add tasks and events easily and instantly.
- Offers simplicity that enhances your productivity.
- Offers time management features.
Cons of Accomplish
Here are several cons from Accomplish:
- In the task, due dates are not included.
- Limitations in calendar views.
- The navigation is not intuitive all the time.
So that’s wrap up the discussion about calendar apps for android, all the pros and cons surround them. You can choose the best one that suits your needs perfectly.