This article will discuss everything you need to know about several best video edit apps for android. Whether its pros or its cons, that way you will get a clearer view and can choose the best one.
Filmora is considered as one of the best video edit apps for android because of its split-screen that allows you to come up with your own videos consisting of clips and footages that can be played at the same time.
Pros of Filmora
Here are several pros from Filmora:
- Can make square 1:1 video for Instagram and 16:9 videos for YouTube.
- Can create reverse video, slow motion, and add transitions, and many more.
- Can share edited videos with friends through any social networking sites by using Social Import.
- Can remove the wordmark display at the end of the video with the upgrade.
- Offers fantastic features such as Layer Multiple Video Clips, Advanced Text Editing, Tilt-Shift, Screen Recording, Audio Separation, Frame By Frame Preview, Scene Detection, and so on.
- Can preview clips in real-time.
- Can pick the numbers of screens needed from two up to four screens and arrange them then choose which videos you want to utilize.
- Offers split-screen inspector that allows you to use a single clip with audio but want the other clip to be a split-screen.
- Offers Power Tool and Mosaic features that allows you to blur a certain area in the clip via percentage adjustment that can decrease/increase the square where the blur is applied.
- Easy and simple to use.
- Offers an intuitive interface, audio mixer, stylish text title editor, and plenty of drag-n-drop transitions.
- Effects and filters are easy to apply.
- Can apply LUTs by its built-in color grading tools.
- Video rendering speed is fast.
- Lifetime license price is affordable.
Cons of Filmora:
Here are several cons from Filmora:
- Doesn’t offer motion tracking, free hand masking tool, and video keyframe.
- Limitation in its color grading, there’s no curve, waveform, or color wheel.
License Pricing of Filmora
Here are the license pricing that Filmora offer:
- Free trial that lasts for 30 days.
- 1 year subscription for Wondershare Filmora Personal – Windows that cost $39.99 yearly/PC.
- Lifetime license for Wondershare Filmora Personal – Windows that cost $59.99/PC.
- Lifetime license multi-users for Wondershare Filmora Personal – Windows that cost $179.97 for 2 – 5 PCs.
- 1 year subscription for Wondershare Filmora Personal – Mac that cost $49.99 yearly/Mac.
- Lifetime license for Wondershare Filmora Personal – Mac that cost $59.99/Mac.
- Lifetime license multi-users for Wondershare Filmora Personal – Mac that cost $179.97/Mac.
- Lifetime license for Wondershare Filmora Business that cost $199.99 per PC or Mac.
Adobe Premiere Rush
As one of the best video edit apps for android, this app offers its best feature, automatic video creation capability, that allows you to automatically create video with any clips or photos that you choose. This app is free to download, so you can get all its fantastic features without having to pay for it.
Pros of Adobe Premiere Rush
Here are several pros from Adobe Premiere Rush:
- Can create videos with multiple video editing functions such as trimming, adding transitions, filters, music, effects, and many others.
- There are no ads or commercials.
- Can share clips or videos directly to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Can create clips or videos instantly with its automatic mode.
- Can balances the background music in clips or videos with its auto mix feature.
- Can edit videos or clips contents in real time, and offers built-in non-linear video editing.
- Offers high quality audio and video editing.
- Support plenty of formats like HD, HDV, and Flash Video.
- Can open multiple projects at the same time that allows you to switch between scenes and also move clips from one project to another by using simultaneous video editing feature.
- Can add clips directly to the camera without going through the conversion process that may cause slight distortion or frame loss.
Cons of Adobe Premiere Rush
Here are several cons from Adobe Premiere Rush:
- Free trial versions only last for 30 days.
- System requirements are resource-intensive.
Although this app is free to download, it doesn’t make it less excellent. VideoShow is considered as one of the best video edit apps for android and it proved by numerous awards it has received.
Pros of VideoShow
Here are several pros from VideoShow:
- Offers a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use and reliable.
- Offers more than 50 different themes to beautify your vlogs, videos, and slideshows.
- Can reduce the size of videos by compressing it without losing quality.
- Doesn’t have limitations in video duration.
- Support almost all android devices.
- Can add multiple background music to videos.
- Can convert the soundtrack of video to MP3.
- Offers option to adjust audio speed and video enhancement features, and blurred background.
Cons of VideoShow
Here are several cons from VideoShow:
- In the latest version, several audio tools like noise reduction are lacking.
- Some advanced features can only be activated after upgrading the software.
Although this app has an easy to use timeline interface, you might need some time to get used to the controls. PowerDirector offers a tutorial for you that will give you guidance on how to use its features in the best way. Compatible to Android 4.3 and up.
Pros of PowerDirector
Here are several pros from PowerDirector:
- Offers more than 30 different effects and transition effects to choose and add to videos.
- Can create excellent green screen videos.
- Can remove watermark if upgraded to full version.
- Can extract videos in 4K and 1080 resolution.
- Can create slow-mo video FX.
- Can impart transparencies in videos and layer effects by using chroma key selector.
- Can edit, import and export HD 4K video resolution.
- Can picks the best shots from clips loaded into it then uses background music and video style you choose in order to make stunning video output.
- Can improve its saturation, hue, and brightness by using True Theater Color.
- Can zooming, panning, and setting anchor points through your footage by using 360-degree footage tools.
Cons of PowerDirector
Here are several cons from PowerDirector:
- This app may be too complex for beginners.
- How the implementation works can be inconsistent.
- Can be tricky to figure out and remember how to do the blurring feature, and also can be tricky to use the feature for putting title cards in the video.
Pricing of PowerDirector
Here are the list of pricing for PowerDirector:
- Free trial.
- PowerDirector that cost $139.99
- Ultra that cost $279.93
- Ultimate that cost $399.99
- Director Suite that cost $299.99
- Ultimate Suite that cost $249.99
Another best video edit apps for android is KineMaster, since it has a well-designed interface and also powerful features. This convenient editing tool for android offers remarkable levels of control to create professional videos instantly.
Pros of KineMaster
Here are several pros from KineMaster:
- Can import media files by using drag-n-drop technique.
- Can add different types of transactions in between video fragments.
- Can insert blocks of subtitles or texts.
- Can combine multiple layers of videos, texts, effects, images, stickers, overlays, and handwritings.
- Offers precise volume control from moment to moment within the clip.
- Offers instant preview feature to view the editing clips or videos.
- Support 1280p*720p max.
- Can add multiple video or audio clips by using multilayer.
- Support media, text, and a variety of types of image.
- Offers good audio editing like effects, deep voice, speed or increasing pitch.
- Can change the background of videos by using the chroma key feature.
- Offers basic video editing features such as voice dubbing, trimming, and many others.
- Can add effects or alter the entire videos instantly without completing the recording process.
- Can add multiple tracks on audio easily.
- Can adjust brightness, saturation, and color of the videos.
- Can directly draw or write on videos.
- Can share editing videos instantly on a variety of social media platforms in real-time.
Cons of KineMaster
Here are several cons from KineMaster:
- Can only remove the watermarks by upgrading to the pro version.
- Doesn’t support audio format of voice recording such as .aac or .wav.
- Limitation in layer, only can insert around 20.
- Doesn’t support 1980*1280p and 4K video format.
Pricing of KineMaster
Here are the list of pricing of KineMaster:
- Free trial.
- Monthly subscription that costs $4.99 monthly.
- Annual subscription that costs $39.99 yearly.
As a new app in this industry, Funimate has been considered as one of the best video edit apps for android in over 100 countries. You can download it for free on your phone.
Pros of Funimate
Here are several pros from Funimate:
- Can create professional Flipagram by using some amazing special effects.
- Easy to install and use, user friendly interface.
- Can share edited videos on various social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Vine, Instagram, iMessage, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Offers more than 100 advanced and unique video effects.
- Offers free music tracks that are specially selected to blend with creative effects.
- Can add music to your videos then upload your favorite music tunes.
- Incorporated a superior Funimate camera with a timer that you can use to take photos anywhere in the world..
- Can transform every day and ordinary moments into creative videos.
- Can make short video loops.
- Can get followers and also follow other users.
- Can collaborate with your friends and make collaborative videos together.
- Offers a dedicated Funimate video community.
- Can create your own unique effects.
- Can add hundreds of stickers, emojis, and texts to video.
- Offers lip sync or slow-motion features.
- Targeted towards aspiring viral musicians.
- Can add lyrics to the videos.
- Doesn’t need internet connection
Cons of Funimate
Here are several cons from Funimate:
- You have to sign in before using Funimate.
- There are ads or commercials.
- Only available in English.
- Some effects are considered childish.
This app is free and fast, you just have to select any photos or video clips and make your own stories.
Pros of Quik
Here are several pros from Quik:
- Can crop videos, add texts, effects, and sync everything instantly by using automatic video creation capabilities.
- Can save the edited video to camera roll in 720p, 1080p, or share it on social networking sites directly.
- There are no ads or commercials in this app.
- Compatible with Motion Photos and GoPro.
- Can save videos in 60fps in order to get smooth playback.
- Can save edited video as drafts if you want to finish it later.
Cons of Quik
Here are several cons from Quik:
- Can’t edit fonts.
- Not suitable for videos more than 60 seconds.
- Can’t capture content.
If you want to create professional-looking videos, then this best video edit apps for android is the one to consider. Since it has a lot of excellent and impressive features that you can use. VivaVideo has been used by more than 200 million users worldwide. VivaVideo offers two versions, free version and VIP member that costs $10 per month and will be billed annually by credit cards or PayPal.
Pros of VivaVideo
Here are several pros from VivaVideo:
- Offers hundreds of user friendly effects such as filters, stickers, animated clips, and subtitles.
- Offers an inbuilt slow-motion video maker and also slideshow maker.
- Can cutting, trimming, pasting videos, and merging clips easily.
- Can share your edited videos on various social networking sites.
- Offers plenty of collage themes and templates to choose.
- Offers video collage makers to merge video clips.
Cons of VivaVideo
Here are several cons from VivaVideo:
- There are watermarks in the videos..
- Quite difficult to use by beginners
- Can’t be downloaded on PC desktop
- Lack of ability to work with VR videos and 3D objects.
- Can’t perform multicam editing.
- Can’t remove green screen background from your clips and can’t add slow-motion effects.
If you don’t have formal video editing experience, then this app is suitable for you. You can make fabulous videos without a lot of effort, just combining photos, video clips, texts, music, and video filters. You can get it for free on your phone with in-app purchases or subscribe $59.99 monthly for Pro Upgrade
Pros of Magisto
Here are pros from Magisto:
- Can automatically create video instantly after you select one or more songs and video clips for the soundtrack.
- Can analyses the video and choose the most interesting fragments by using a sophisticated AI.
- Can produce excellent and impressive videos.
- Offers excellent auto-editing features.
- Offers advanced tools and features for marketers and vloggers.
Cons of Magisto
Here are several cons from Magisto:
- Only have one title text.
- Many templates are only available if you upgrade to Pro.
- Restrict users to ratio sizes such as 1:1 or others and don’t allow users to get a full view of the images.
This app is worthy to be on the list of best video edit apps for android since it offers intuitive video editing tools. You can download it for free on your phone.
Pros of Movie Maker
Here are several pros from Movie Maker:
- Can make 16:9 videos for Instagram in square format.
- Can make short videos.
- Offers text and track animation effects.
- Offers music slideshow feature.
- Offers hundreds of filters, stickers, and cinematic effects.
Cons of Movie Maker
The only cons of this app is the display of ads or commercials that can be very disturbing.
This app has several essential features along with a simple UI that make it one of the best video edit apps for android.
Pros of Filmigo
Here are several pros from Filmigo:
- Can choose a template with a pre-adjusted song or get into real editing.
- Can doodle your videos.
- Can add songs, subtitles, GIFs, or stickers to your videos.
- Can add music from the app’s vast library.
- Offers a separate music section.
- Can export edited videos on various social networking sites from video makers.
Cons of Filmigo
Here are several cons from Filmigo:
- Some users find the app too cramped for a smartphone.
- Sometimes this video editor app is known to freeze on many android devices.
That’s all the pros and cons surrounding the best video edit apps for android that you need to know. Hopefully this article helps and gives you the information needed.