Music is an important source of our well beings, that’s why you have to know the best music apps for android. Whatever our feelings are, seem like they are represented by music. If we feel sad, there’s music to comfort us, if we feel happy and energized, there’s music to increase our joy. That’s why we have to have music apps on our android.
Spotify is considered to be one of the most popular music streaming apps in the world, although there are lots of controversial, but it seems like it doesn’t affect its popularity.
There are two versions for this app that you can choose, Free and Premium. You can stream music for free or subscribe $9.99 – $14.99 monthly for a Premium plan. Spotify is available on Google Play.
Pros of Spotify
Here are several pros from Spotify:
- Can be downloaded even by the most basic phones and computers.
- Can share a song on any social media platform.
- Can connect your profile to ticket apps and recommend upcoming gigs.
- User friendly and simple to use.
- Consist of millions of music genres and artists, including new artists.
- Can listen to music based on your listening habits.
- Have Family Plan subscription
Cons of Spotify
Here are several cons from Spotify:
- Artists only paid per stream, around $0.006 of every dollar goes to the artists.
- The Premium plan subscription is quite expensive.
Google Play Music
Another best music apps for android is Google Play Music. With more than thousands of songs, the song’s list in this app is far more numerous than other music streaming apps. You can choose the free or subscribe plans that make you paid $9.99 – $14.99 per month.
Pros of Google Play Music
Here are several pros from Google Play Music:
- Can upload 50.000 your own songs for personal streaming.
- Consists of more than 35 million of songs from various artists and genres, even new artists.
- Easy to install and use and also a fast search engine.
- Songs are categorized based in genres, artists, mood, and decades.
- Can download actual music files from cloud.
- Support radio station podcasts and networks.
Cons of Google Play Music
Here are several cons from Google Play Music:
- You have to have credit card in order to subscribe
- No app ecosystem, can’t run within Spotify for the desktop.
- Doesn’t have Facebook integration, so you can’t share your songs to your friends on Facebook
This app is also considered as one of the best music apps for android for several reasons. We will discuss it later on Pros of Deezer. You can download it for free or subscribe $9.99 – $14.99 monthly.
Pros of Deezer
Here are several pros from Deezer:
- Can discover new artists with Deezer FLOW feature.
- Can mix and listen to a playlist based on personal taste and share it with friends..
- Has unlimited playlist creation, mises based individual artists, and lyric fetching.
- Premium plan offers offline listening, higher quality audio, and Android Auto Support.
- Provide band equalizer, awesome layouts and themes.
- Can customize theme background
- Consists of more than 53 million songs to listen.
- Can go with audio channels, radio stations, and networks of the podcasts.
- It will recommend new songs based on your choice.
Cons of Deezer
Here are several cons from Deezer:
- Free version only offers 30 seconds song snippets (for non-mobile only)
- You can’t rewind live radio streams.
- It lacks High Resolution Audio.
- It lacks MP3 upload compatibility.
This app is also known as a popular free music app for several reasons. It offers two plans, which are Free or Subscribe $9.99 per month.
Pros of iHeartRadio
Here are several pros from iHeartRadio:
- Can listen to various stations based on personal tastes.
- Offers seasonal radio stations, podcasts, comedy shows, and talk radio.
- Include FM and AM radio stations that support data streaming.
- Can listen to sports and news.
- A versatile app with Material Design UI.
- Offers Android Wear Support, Android Auto Support, and Chromecast Support.
- Offers curated and live artists stream.
- Offer lyrics.
- There’s no commercials.
- Easy to install and use.
- You don’t have to create a user account.
Cons of iHeartRadio
Here are several cons from iHeartRadio:
- It lacks a web version. (For plus plan)
- Bland interface.
- It lacks High Resolution Audio tracks.
- Can’t rewind live radio.
- There are picture commercials.
- There is a limitation of skip songs per day.
One of the best music apps for android is Pandora Music. Available on two versions, Free and Subscribe $4.99 – $9.99 monthly.
Pros of Pandora Music
Here are several pros from Pandora Music:
- It’s simple and supports cross-platform.
- Can listen to music on any platform and stations sync across all of them.
- Offer on-demand streaming service.
- Used Music Genome Project that are millions of people worldwide favorite.
- Can rewind songs, experience ad-free listening music, and skip as much as songs you like. (Premium only)
- Can customize playlist and get unlimited offline mobile playback.
- Consists of 30 million of songs.
- Can use add similar songs to be added to your playlist.
- Can buy tickets with the Ticketfly interaction feature.
- Can share a playlist with friends. (Premium only)
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android, Amazon, and Roku devices.
- Offers Premium free trial for 30 days.
Cons of Pandora Music
Here are several cons from Pandora Music:
- Only available in New Zealand, US, and Australia.
- Offers no family plan.
Another best music apps for android is SoundCloud, that is considered as one of the unique free music apps since it doesn’t focus on music that’s currently popular. You can choose two options of plans, Free or subscribe $9.99 monthly.
Pros of SoundCloud
Here are several pros from SoundCloud:
- Any artists can upload their music to SoundCloud and be played back by anyone.
- Consists of 125 million tracks.
- Offers podcasts, variety of shows, and other contents.
- Consists mainly independent artists. (Free version)
- Easy to install and use, user friendly.
- Can record audio files or upload existing one.
- Can share music and audio messages in social networks, websites, blogs, or privately with friends.
- No limitation on file sizes.
- Can manage tracks or organize them into sets easily.
- Offers various groups dedicated to numerous genres and topics.
- Embed a DropBox on to any site to receive submissions.
- Can stream submissions in DropBox and won’t take up space on desktop.
- Offers a timed comment system, provides feedback, and fans can discuss specific parts of the track.
Cons of SoundCloud
Here are several cons from SoundCloud:
- You have to have an account to be able to follow or comment on SoundCloud.
- No editing tools, and added effects. You have to edit your work somewhere else then upload it back on SoundCloud.
So, there are the lists of several best music apps for android. Hopefully it is useful and helps you to decide which app suits you more.